(press release: qamarzaman2) // Dallas // 972.437.8942
The effects of the recent (and ongoing) Google updates continue to be felt by many who have seen a significant decrease in traffic flow from lower page ranking positions than they previously enjoyed. Some webmasters have yet to see any positive change from efforts to regain prime positions on Google and other major search engines.
Content quality is an extremely important factor in seeing competitive indexing today than was expected in past years. This is because Google has taken additional steps to ensure that users are not bombarded with information that is not useful to them in query results.
With Google’s efforts to develop a more “intelligent” search engine with its algorithm changes, it is important that webmasters, particularly those who have been hit hard by the Panda update, formulate more effective strategies for developing high-quality websites that meet or exceed Google’s standards. The following are tips for helping one achieve this goal.
• Be an authority – An authority is viewed as a source of trusted information. Pay attention to the needs of users and assess whether the content one is providing is useful and can be trusted by those seeking to benefit from its value.
• Ask what would Google think? – Google is becoming more comprehensive in defining and understanding what content is of high quality and what is not. Ask yourself whether you as a major search engine seeking to weed out irrelevant information would view your content as meeting a high standard of quality.
• Be original – Content that is mass-produced across various sites is not typically deemed beneficial to users who are repeatedly exposed to it again and again, but are seeking unique results for their queries. Original content and freshly updated web page content adds value to one’s site because users will typically give it more attention than something they’ve already viewed before.
• Remove redundancy – Within one’s site, trying to recycle content so that the same message is delivered a variety of different ways can lead to users turning away completely from the site. Users will likely find more value if each page within a site has its own unique offer.
• Post information you too would recommend – Relying on market statistics to determine what target audiences most likely would recommend to others can be useful; however, it is important for publishers of content to also put themselves in the position of users and ask and answer truthfully, “is this something I would feel compelled to share with someone else?”
• Implement quality control – Quality control is not limited to tasks such as manufacturing goods or getting feedback on how one may deliver better quality services. This also applies to exposing users to content on the web. Publishers can create a quality checklist for their projects to use for determining whether content meets outlined quality expectations and whether it has provided users with what they were seeking.
• Remove pages that possess little to no quality – Removing pages that have hindered a site from becoming indexed can be beneficial for achieving a better ranking. Modifying content on these pages may also help to serve the same purpose.
For more information about achieving higher page rankings on major search engines like Google, please visit qamarzaman.us. Qamar Zaman specializes in Lawyer Internet Marketing and SEO Services.
Bookmark and share Top 7 SEO Google Optimization Tips for your website with friends. Also read Facebook Marketing for Lawyers here