Staying virtual; Wednesday’s daily brief - Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land’s daily brief features daily insights, news, tips, and essential bits of wisdom for today’s search marketer. If you would like to read this before the rest of the internet does, sign up here to get it delivered to your inbox daily.
Good morning, Marketers, being in-person isn’t worth anyone’s well-being.
That’s why we’re planning to continue virtual SMX and MarTech events in 2022. I want to be amongst my fellow search marketers as much as anyone, but there are very compelling reasons to continue with virtual conferences until we can be absolutely sure that we’re not compromising on safety. Chris Elwell, CEO of Third Door Media (Search Engine Land’s parent company), laid out these reasons in a two-part series of posts:
- There’s no predicting the future of COVID with certainty, and that affects all the other reasons below.
- The travel industry has been disrupted. Airlines are having a hard time rebounding, which means fewer, more expensive flights for the foreseeable future.
- Over the last 18 months, virtual conferences have been successful for us. Search marketing conferences have translated well to the digital space.
- Fewer in-person attendees means lower ROI, which any marketer should be able to appreciate.
- The cost of participating in in-person events will rise. “Convention centers, decorators, caterers and all of the other participants in the ecosystem will be paying more to provide the appearance of safety,” Elwell explained. “Those costs will be passed...
Read Full Story: https://searchengineland.com/staying-virtual-wednesdays-daily-brief-374620
Your content is great. However, if any of the content contained herein violates any rights of yours, including those of copyright, please contact us immediately by e-mail at media[@]kissrpr.com.